Betwixt I am so am

Welcome to my blog
Where thoughts and pics do flow




Monday 5 December 2011

Ruth 4:11

Ruth 4:11 - The woman and her home

New International Version (NIV)


 11 "Then the elders and all the people at the gate said, “We are witnesses. May the LORD make the woman who is coming into your home like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the family of Israel. May you have standing in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem. "



Well according to me
God made woman in charge of the house
He never said to the man - tend the home
He said to the man provide for your home
A woman is synnonomous with  "home"

We speak of: "Let's go to Mom's house", it is never "dad's house".

In the New Testament, Lydia said to Paul, "If you consider me a believer, come to my home." The early church could not have flourished without women opening their homes. For three hundred years there were no church buildings.

It was women who gave that fledgling church the warmth and the hospitality that allowed it to flourish.

Romans 16 is filled with the names of women who worked hard for the gospel, who believed that their mission station was their home.

This is all possible because of the loving, sacrificial leadership that the husband is supposed to give to his family. And it continues on into voluntary submission, which is the wife's appropriate response to that leadership.

Your home should not be a cell block in which you are repressed and inhibited and ordered around and told continously it is his house and not your home and if you're not happy with it, you should just leave. Where you feel constantly on edge and you cannot decorate and put up your " things", that make it a home.



Instead it should be a greenhouse where you are allowed to flourish to your full potential, under your husband's protection, with his provisions and blessings. If we could get ourselves and our men to see that, it would change our lives and transform our families.


According to the Bible, homemaking is the God-given domain of womanly authority. It is not only our responsibility, but it is our place of influence and authority. I know that in some circles wifely subservience has been promoted and encouraged. I challenge it. I do not agree with it. And I think I have a strong biblical basis for my point of view.

Bokkie, you are the most amazing man ever ... thank you for making me the wife and woman I am today!





No comments:

Post a Comment